BannerFans.com

Author Topic: "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Museum Version...  (Read 183 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
"The Gods Must Be Crazy" Museum Version...
« on: September 20, 2019, 09:43:57 PM »
  For anyone familiar with the film mentioned in the title you will understand the rederence . For those not familiar, basically a Coke bottle survives a fall from an airplane flying over Africa. It lands near a tribesman and he sets out on a spiritual journey to return it.
  Well, apparently things like this happen! Today as I arrived at the museum from picking up items at a veterans post that is closing, this green box was in the parking lot. Did it come from the sky? From space? Was it beamed down? I will never know apparently.
  An examination of the contents leads me to believe it was teleported through the space time continuum, originating in the Great War and making a brief layover during part 2 of that war. I draw this conclusion as surely no sane person would leave such treasures unattended would they?
  In all seriousness, this was what I found in the box and it made my day! Not only for what was there, but for what wasn't I mean after all, it could have been a Honey Badger!    Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline ScottG

Re: "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Museum Version...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:49:12 PM »
  A nice camo WWI Helmet with the AEF or 3rd Army ssi painted on the front as well as another with just a bit of the 3rd Army ssi remaining. A French shell painted white a very long time ago, and a 43 dated musette bag as well as a 42 dated M1928 pack with the meat can pouch and a blanket inside. 
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline ScottG

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 09:52:55 PM »
  But the best piece by far was this WWI German helmet with the liner intact as well as most of the chinstrap! Not perfect, but pretty awesome for falling from the sky!     Scott

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 12:47:57 PM »
Great Caesar's Ghost!!!!

So that's where my trunk ended up...

Scott, you have truly been blessed by all the collecting God's..

Well done on all of your recent finds..

Next Step:  Lottery Ticket...

Smitty

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline ScottG

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »
   Its really been a great ride Smitty. One strange thing that seems to be happening this year is many items are coming in September. Usually we get hit in the Spring as the weather breaks and people do their Spring cleaning. But no complaints on my end!    Scott

BannerFans.com