BannerFans.com

Author Topic: GSG 9 1/6 Figure OK???  (Read 243 times)

Offline Robswashashore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
GSG 9 1/6 Figure OK???
« on: October 26, 2019, 06:46:48 AM »
Hello all!

I have had the privilege of getting to know the widow of a man who was an Oberst in the famous West German anti-terroist unit, GSG 9.  He participated in many actions (mostly covert), and was tragically killed during one of them.  As a Hauptmann, he was part of the team that rescued the highjacked Lufthansa Flight 181 in Mogadishu in 1977.

I am putting together a 1/6 figure to honor him to give to my friend, who teaches with me in an elementary after-school program.  Of course it has required a great deal of sewing, dying, research and bashing (all the stuff I love to do) to come up with a GSG 9 Hauptman in 1977 kit. When the HK PSG-1 sniper rifle and the Mauser C96 pistol (his personal favorite sidearm) arrive from eBay, this project will be complete.

My question is, may I post photos of this project on this forum?  I know that since it is not American, it cannot go on "That Other Forum," but I wondered if it would be OK here as a representation of very early War on Terror (before we even knew that there would be a War on Terror.) I'll understand if you all don't feel that it is appropriate, even though West Germany was a Cold War ally.  In that case, I'll just post it on my fb page.

Best regards to all my friends here,

Jean

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
Re: GSG 9 1/6 Figure OK???
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 09:37:39 AM »
Jean,

I have no issues if you wish to post this under Other Allied Militaria or in the sub forum miniature militaria.. and I don't think that the other moderators will mind either..

The GSG9 albeit a police organization with military ties are a counter terrorist organization who has direct links to military organizations like the SAS and Navy Seals so there is an indirect military correlation...

Post away and we look forward to seeing your talented work once again..

Best regards

Smitty 
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

BannerFans.com