BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Flight Jacket Patch ID Help!  (Read 289 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Flight Jacket Patch ID Help!
« on: October 21, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »
I normally do not collect Cold War items but recently acquired this leather jacket.It was just one of those items that was curious and intriguing enough that I had the impulse to own it.  It is well worn and used and contains two painted chest patches and a painted SSI.  They themselves are quite worn and nothing I have ever seen before. And the wear obviously makes them difficult to id.  Was wondering if any of my fellow AMF members can identify the patches.  It is a private purchase jacket, made by Braemoor.  I know there was a Wiesbaden Army Airfield later renamed Lucius D. Clay Airfield.  Just not even sure if it's US.  Any help appreciated.

Paul

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Re: Flight Jacket Patch ID Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:40:06 PM »
 Wow a tough one for sure! With it saying "Germany" in English and the 4 year time frame I would certainly think it belonged to a service member. Perhaps the insignia is just decorative and he used the jacket for riding a motorcycle? Good luck on the i.d.   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline littlebuddy

• FORUM MODERATOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Flight Jacket Patch ID Help!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 06:03:09 AM »
Cool looking jacket Paul ! but as for id'ing that insignia ? ???

2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

BannerFans.com