photo bannerfans_11430117_zps8b63cb2d.gif

Author Topic: Info needed on GP&R Ltd. oxygen mask hoses  (Read 1077 times)

Offline c7zx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Info needed on GP&R Ltd. oxygen mask hoses
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:05:02 AM »

Hello to those in the group. I am a new member in to the Allied Forum from the US (Pacific Northwest) and this is my first post.
      The US military forums I belong to don't really discuss "other" allied flight gear, really glad I found this forum.

I recently acquired a US type "C" oxygen mask with MK III re-breather and these 3 black oxygen mask hoses were included.
      Cleaned one up and noticed  the end of the hose is marked    GP&R Ltd.  Canada  CL 1943   60/142
   Initial research indicates that these may be used with something called a Gutta Percha oxygen mask.  Can someone educate me about these masks and if these hoses are correct for them ?  Any info appreciated,  c7zx.

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
Re: Info needed on GP&R Ltd. oxygen mask hoses
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
I am away until Sunday night but when I return I will check the RCAF gutta percha mask I have and get back to you.
Paul

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 04:20:19 AM »
c7zx,

Here are some photos of the RCAF gutta percha oxygen mask that I have.  The entire rig belonged to a friend of mine who was an RCAF WW II pilot.  This mask I believe was a rebreather system much like the US Navy MSA oxygen masks.  This is evidenced by the rebreather canister attached to the opposite end of the hose. These masks are fairly scarce.  I do believe your hose in question is for this oxygen mask.  It's the same color and is longer than other US or RAF oxygen mask hoses.  I just can't confirm for you 100%, as where the marking would be they are obscured by attachment cord or strapping.  However and again I do believe your hose is for this RCAF oxygen mask.  Of the RCAF masks that I have seen or handled I would guess that 75% do not have the hose attached.  Thus making yours a fairly desirable commodity to someone looking to complete the mask they have.  Hope this helps.
Paul

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline c7zx

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:32:44 PM »
     Scarecrow, thanks for the photos and information about Gutta Percha masks.  I had never seen one before.  c7zx.

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:36 AM »
What a strange looking set up !!!  :o
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

BannerFans.com