BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Info needed on GP&R Ltd. oxygen mask hoses  (Read 136 times)

Offline c7zx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Info needed on GP&R Ltd. oxygen mask hoses
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:05:02 AM »

Hello to those in the group. I am a new member in to the Allied Forum from the US (Pacific Northwest) and this is my first post.
      The US military forums I belong to don't really discuss "other" allied flight gear, really glad I found this forum.

I recently acquired a US type "C" oxygen mask with MK III re-breather and these 3 black oxygen mask hoses were included.
      Cleaned one up and noticed  the end of the hose is marked    GP&R Ltd.  Canada  CL 1943   60/142
   Initial research indicates that these may be used with something called a Gutta Percha oxygen mask.  Can someone educate me about these masks and if these hoses are correct for them ?  Any info appreciated,  c7zx.

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
Re: Info needed on GP&R Ltd. oxygen mask hoses
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
I am away until Sunday night but when I return I will check the RCAF gutta percha mask I have and get back to you.
Paul

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 04:20:19 AM »
c7zx,

Here are some photos of the RCAF gutta percha oxygen mask that I have.  The entire rig belonged to a friend of mine who was an RCAF WW II pilot.  This mask I believe was a rebreather system much like the US Navy MSA oxygen masks.  This is evidenced by the rebreather canister attached to the opposite end of the hose. These masks are fairly scarce.  I do believe your hose in question is for this oxygen mask.  It's the same color and is longer than other US or RAF oxygen mask hoses.  I just can't confirm for you 100%, as where the marking would be they are obscured by attachment cord or strapping.  However and again I do believe your hose is for this RCAF oxygen mask.  Of the RCAF masks that I have seen or handled I would guess that 75% do not have the hose attached.  Thus making yours a fairly desirable commodity to someone looking to complete the mask they have.  Hope this helps.
Paul

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline c7zx

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:32:44 PM »
     Scarecrow, thanks for the photos and information about Gutta Percha masks.  I had never seen one before.  c7zx.

BannerFans.com