BannerFans.com

Author Topic: First New Zealand WWII Authentic Wing  (Read 132 times)

Offline mtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
First New Zealand WWII Authentic Wing
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »
I have been searching for 2 years to find an authentic Royal New Zealand Air Force wings World War II with the padded droop wings. Every time I would get close to one of course it would be purchased up in a split second. As I have come to understand, Royal New Zealand Air Force wings are regarding rarity, almost commensurate with South African wings but below Rhodesian wings of course. I came across these with a purchase price that made my heart jump with anticipation because it was a buy it now! I almost knocked my laptop off the table with my mouse trying to get the purchase clicked in! This turned out to be worth it if you are a true beauty to look upon and even have an original mark penned on the back which I have not figured out what it means but have seen it a couple of times at least... It is either the number 21 with a line after it or the number 2 with an L after it. The padding on this wing is exquisite and gives it a beautiful three-dimensional profile and the red in the crown is a touch of color that exceeds in effect its size on the wing as a whole. It has the standard 10 feathers on each side indicative of world war 2 wings in Great Britain and the Commonwealth nations but that number is buried in some of the theater made RAF wings from Burma and India. Enjoy and blessings in your collecting... [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline mtnman

Re: First New Zealand WWII Authentic Wing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »
Here are a couple of pics to show the depth dimension

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:18:21 PM »
  Very nice wings, its always a bit more special when it involves a good deal. Congrats and thanks for sharing.  Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline mtnman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
  Very nice wings, its always a bit more special when it involves a good deal. Congrats and thanks for sharing.  Scott

Scott, I must wholeheartedly agree! New Zealand wings, I thought, were going to be a relatively short duration of waiting with diligent searching, to find a good pair. I learned my lesson on this and also learned that there are various New Zealand wings of some of the most artistic and unique manufacture. I plan on expanding This Thread as I procure, God willing, more of the New Zealand wings from World War II, as they are a truly scarce treasure and thus a great enjoyment for collectors.

BannerFans.com