BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Some Allied Wings of the World  (Read 188 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Some Allied Wings of the World
« on: September 07, 2018, 12:56:34 PM »
Just happened to have my IPhone with me in my display room and thought I'd take some happy snaps of some of my wing collection.  I am not a wing collector per se but have picked some up over the years if they interested me.  The photo containing the USAAF wings are all manufactured by Attleboro MA makers.  I grew up in Attleboro and in fact still work there.  My Dad was a toolmaker, so I was immersed at an early age in the jewelry/insignia trades.  Some of the Attleboro MA manufacturers represented are LG Balfour, Jostens, Amcraft, Robbins, VH Blackinton (Attleboro Falls) and Orber (Actually in Pawtucket RI a border city to Attleboro).  Sadly all are gone now with the exception of Blackinton. As you can see the other Riker mounts contain RAF, RCAF, US Navy and Chinese/AVG wings. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:58:54 PM by Scarecrow »

Offline mtnman

Re: Some Allied Wings of the World
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 02:28:33 PM »
WOW!!!!!! Beautiful RAF/RACAF collection! My favorite is the second from the top on the right RCAF droop wing with a gorgeous padding!! The rest of the collection is just exquisite. The Chinese wings always make a special showing with their unique oriental design Paul, you have an excellent and trained insight into wings representative of the WWII RAF era buddy. Tank you so much for sharing these. Look for a PM

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 10:18:32 PM »
  Really awesome collection Paul! Love those RAF/RCAF displays, very classy looking.   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline mtnman

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »
Paul, I have to tell you buddy.....

I KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS THREAD!
Great history my friend! Well done job in preserving the icons of a time of such gravity in history of man.

BannerFans.com