BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Ferry Command Uniform Grouping  (Read 306 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Ferry Command Uniform Grouping
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
This is a uniform grouping that belonged to an American contract flyer for RAF Ferry Command.  Even the civilian contract flyers were required to wear a uniform of some sort in case of bailout and capture.  This uniform is in actuality a US "suntans' 4 pocket service jacket, with Ferry Command rank and insignia added.  Even the visor cap is a Bancroft Flighter with Ferry Command cap badge.  It is interesting to note that on the cap he dyed the visor and chin strap black.  The jacket buttons are all nickle RAFFC .  The photo is of this gentleman wearing this very jacket. This is also the same individual in my ATA posting.  He first flew for Ferry Command and then later joined the ATA.  If you compare the two photos you can see the aging process, probably brought on by the stress of flying.  I believe that the sleeve rank is for a Captain.  Ferry Command retained commercial airline ranks, 1st Officer, 2nd Officer, Captain etc. I'm not totally up on the commercial rank system so just not 100% sure of his rank.  If anyone out there knows for sure it would be appreciated if you passed that along.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by Scarecrow »

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Ferry Command Uniform Grouping
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 03:01:01 AM »
How many times do you see such a uniform ??? Like i said in your previous thread , outstanding !! Such a scarce uniform to have in ones collection !!  8)
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

BannerFans.com