BannerFans.com

Author Topic: RAF Ferry Command  (Read 454 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
RAF Ferry Command
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:02:13 PM »
Inspired by Mtnman's posting I'll post a few ATA/Ferry Command items that I am fortunate to have.  First is an RAF Ferry/Transport Command "official" Suits' Aircrew navy blue jacket and visor cap.  This is not Id'd but the book about Ferry Command 45 Group did come with the grouping.  I do not know the significance of the red ribbon on the right side of the jacket.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:27:59 PM by Scarecrow »

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Re: RAF Ferry Command
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:42:50 AM »
This duffel bag did not come with this grouping but thought I'd add it as another item of RAF Ferry Command kit.  This duffel bag is canvas and is about 1/3 the size of the usual encountered bags.  It is hand painted with the symbol of Ferry Command the "Astral Crown".  Belonged to an enlisted aircrew man.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Re: RAF Ferry Command
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:58:21 AM »
Outstanding Paul !!! Such a scarce and historically important uniform  8)
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

BannerFans.com