U.S. MILITARY > DISPLAYS

Headquarters of 1st Battalion, 50th Infantry

(1/2) > >>

lewis505:
Lads -

Still a "work in Progress," but wanted to share how I transformed the entrance to our BN HQs here at Benning; about 1/3 of the gear displayed came from the veterans of 1-50 Infantry & the 1st Battalion 50th Infantry Association's Historian, Mr. Jim Sheppard - the other 2/3 is from yours truly;

Here the three main display cases before I started setting up the artifacts
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Some WWII-era items, including an original copy of the Unit History of the 50th Armored Infantry in WWII

Vietnam-era items

Black VC "pajamas," Vietnam-made Tiger Stripe Boonie & OD Jungle Shirt donated by Dick Guthrie, former CO Commander for B Co 1-50 IN in Vietnam

Captured VC & NVA items, donated by the veterans of 1-50 IN

Website for the 1st Battalion 50th Infantry Association:  http://www.ichiban1.org/

Will post more photos in the coming days - hope I pass Smitty's "inspection!" LOL!

And if you're ever near Fort Benning, shoot me a note & please come by!

FIX BAYONETS!  PLAY THE GAME!!

Chris

Rakkasan187:
Hey brother,,,

Awesome exhibits.. You and the boys have done well.. I could take some lessons from you...

Miss you Brother.. Hope all is well with you..

Smitty

lewis505:
Thanks brother - hope to be in ELP in September for the VFW Golf Tournament - will let you know once DTGs are firm

ATW!

Chris

Phill Lockett:
Hi Chris

Another great looking display 50th Inf WWI-Vietnam!

What I always like to see are the "small" bits , ration box, invasion money,maps, book ephemera from the time and also memento's and bring backs.

Adds to the everyday life of those that participated in the events.

Very well thought thru and put together.

Phill

lewis505:
 A few updates to the display in my BN HQs - got "the Pig" into the display + added a '67 dated C-Rat case

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version