BannerFans.com

Author Topic: McCord Front Seam Fixed Bail  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Mark K

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
McCord Front Seam Fixed Bail
« on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:01 AM »
 I add this M-1 to my collection a couple of years back it would appear to be in un-issued and or slightly used condition the helmet body was produced by McCord Radiator and Manufacturing Company of Detroit Michigan there are a few tells to help with dating the shell It is a fixed bail front seam these were only produced from 1941-1943...It is sporting the earlier shortened OD # 3 chinstrap that is not quite long enough to fit around the rear rim of the shell and a nice early raised brass buckle there are three small stress cracks which have not broken through and are only evident on the rear exterior of the shell the heat stamp is quite easy to read and it is marked 364 A as found on the inside rim so manufactured approximately November, December 1942...It has a nice minty War time issued CAPAC liner that is near a perfect match for size and condition it is sporting mid war green head band with blackened steel A washers the leather chinstrap is a late war variant with black painted hardware and is so marked United Carr on the buckle.

Regards Mark

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
Re: McCord Front Seam Fixed Bail
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:40 AM »
A nice clean example...just as I like them. I have a very similar shell but with a Hawley liner.

http://alliedmilitariaforum.com/index.php?topic=337.0
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline Mark K

• Referrals: 0
Re: McCord Front Seam Fixed Bail
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:40:52 AM »
Thanx Ian it is the earliest production McCord that I have in my collection..

Regards Mark

BannerFans.com