BannerFans.com

Author Topic: WWI Italian Helmet  (Read 1459 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
WWI Italian Helmet
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »
   I have now doubled the size of my WWI Adrian helmet collection. I have gone from one to two! My Great Uncle Eddy (Eduardo Avedano) was an Italian Soldier on the Isonzo Front in WWI, so in honor of his service and the centennial I bought this helmet. It is in pretty nice shape for being 110+ years old and it looks great next to my French Adrian.    Scott.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:39:50 PM by ScottG »
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
Re: WWI Italian Helmet
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:26 PM »
Nice!  The French were the first modern army to introduce a protective helmet in the form of the "Adrian". So, is the Italian version simply an Italian-made straight copy, or do they differ? ("RF" plate aside)
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »
  They were made in France but as you said, without a shield. Just like the French, the liners vary. They are a green color vs. the horizon blue or brown of the French. They are also generally less expensive than their French cousins.    Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 01:51:56 AM »
  They were made in France but as you said, without a shield. Just like the French, the liners vary. They are a green color vs. the horizon blue or brown of the French. They are also generally less expensive than their French cousins.    Scott

Gotcha! Ok...thanks Scott.
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 05:28:37 AM »
Nice pick-up Scott.  Although I do not collect WW I items I have always liked the looks of a Adrian helmet.

BannerFans.com