BannerFans.com

Author Topic: A neat Kiska Task Force booklet. 1st SSF etc...  (Read 1139 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
A neat Kiska Task Force booklet. 1st SSF etc...
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:31:37 PM »
   I found this in a box of books and manuals left on the front porch of the museum this morning when I opened. It is a booklet prepared specifically for the Kiska Task Force that included the 1st Special Service Force and of course U.S. and Canadian troops. I am told that they are fairly rare as booklets go, but have little to base that on other than hearsay.     Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
Re: A neat Kiska Task Force booklet. 1st SSF etc...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »
If booklets can be "cool" then that one is VERY cool!
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »
Scott,

I would venture to say that this is a rare book due to the size of the FSSF and the unique history of the Force. This is a great book that I have not seen before..

This seems to fall into the GI Series pocket unit histories printed by Stars and Stripes as far as uncommon. This is a great pickup..

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 10:21:58 AM »
Scott,

I would venture to say that this is a rare book due to the size of the FSSF and the unique history of the Force. This is a great book that I have not seen before..

This seems to fall into the GI Series pocket unit histories printed by Stars and Stripes as far as uncommon. This is a great pickup..

Smitty

Thanks Smitty, it is less of a unit history and more of an almost comical guide as to how to live in the field. I found one featured on the USMF but not a lot of info to go along with it. While the FSSF guys certainly would have received them, so did all of the other TF-9 troops, so that makes it a bit more widespread than the FSSF. Thanks for the input!   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

BannerFans.com