BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Reminicences of a US WW2 vet!  (Read 930 times)

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
Reminicences of a US WW2 vet!
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »
I think he probably sums it up very well!
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline Kohima

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Reminicences of a US WW2 vet!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
Yep.

KTB
On the edge of a tennis court far, far from home, the Sgt. shouted: Son, pass me a grenade !  The Battle of Kohima. Naga Hills, 1944.

Valhalla I am coming !........Led Zeppelin

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
Re: Reminicences of a US WW2 vet!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:17:22 PM »
   I like that! It reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. He married a Russian girl and her Brother was spetsnaz. My friend told me that her Brother had gone through absolute hell and that he was among the best trained killers in the world. He extolled the virtues of eating snakes, living in the cold half naked, waiting to engage the west during the Cold War. He then said that even in my infantry days, U.S. training didn't compare.
  Being out of the infantry, an NCO and with little time left before retirement, I decided to show him what our U.S. signal equipment could do with encryption, data, phone, radio, etc... He was puzzled and said, "that's my point, you guys are soft." It was then that I explained that while his Brother was freezing and hungry in the mud, I would be either warm and well fed or if needed, air conditioned as I sent a text to rain hell down on his Brother in law as I finished drinking my Coke and reading a book or surfing the web. I think he got a more balanced look at what some of our capabilities are.  ;D    Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

BannerFans.com