BannerFans.com

Author Topic: What can I do for you? I offer my resources and time to you!  (Read 2737 times)

Offline captainofthe7th

• FORUM MODERATOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
      • The RCM Collection
What can I do for you? I offer my resources and time to you!
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
I'd like to offer my services to anyone looking for help in researching the following U.S. material.  Some of these sources are available online, but many of them are not easily searchable.  I've taken the time to create PDF files where I can simply search someone's name and potentially get a result.  I cannot guarantee satisfaction as my library is limited (but growing!).  However, I've been able to identify and document a great deal of my collection and help many others, so I guess if it works good enough then that is good enough!

Active Duty Officers and West Point Graduates - I can find awards/decorations and potentially units served with.  From the early 1800s through the 1960s

Similar to this, I can often ID ribbon racks if there is enough of a story presented by the awards.  This is tougher for enlisted personnel, but usually doable for officers.

DA General Orders - from 1947 through the 1950s, these are available online but I have searchable PDF files and can run names

USMC Muster Roles - and other records through ancestry, I have access so I may as well spread the joy

Korean War:

G Co, 8th Cav Regt, 1st Cav Div roster - names only

2nd Inf Div awards and decorations - covers a LOT of soldiers, includes Name, rank, unit, GO#, and date
2nd Inf Div Command reports and the 2nd ID regimental command reports - 1950 through 1953

M Co, 31st Inf Regt, 7th Inf Div award of the CIB for Sept 1950 - Special Orders, includes 2 pages of names, rank, ASN
Medical Co., 32nd Inf Regt, 7th Inf Div, Roster for July 1951 - includes name, rank, ASN

L Co, 21st Inf Regt, 24th Inf Div Roster - covers 1 Jun 1950 through 31 May 1951, includes name, ASN, and remarks
L Co., 21st Regt, 24th Inf Div unit photo - Japan 1950
1st Plt, L Co, 21st Inf, 24th Inf Div - unit photo with names, 1950

180th Inf Regt, 45th Inf Div Roster - I believe this is out of the unit history. Includes names and addresses

Korean War Casualties A-Z, Searchable by laundry number - Includes name, rank, ASN, date of action, type of casualty, etc.  Same information that is on NARA AAD except I can plug in the laundry mark and get a hit much more easily.

And that's all for now!  I am working on some 1st Cav Special orders and 27th Inf Regt special orders that should soon be digitized and searchable.  I am also going through the 17th Regiment newspaper from 1950-53 and the 45th Division paper from the same period.  I'll be able to pull some names and awards information.  If anyone can contribute rosters, orders, etc., for Korean War material, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob
-- My Online Collection --

Interested in buying Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals, patches, ribbons and more.

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Re: What can I do for you? I offer my resources and time to you!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:08 PM »
Fantastic !   Im sure you are  going to be pretty busy now with all the new and existing members !!! ;D
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

BannerFans.com