BannerFans.com

Author Topic: HR 6234 - Purple Heart Preservation Act  (Read 5769 times)

Offline captainofthe7th

• RESEARCH LIAISON
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
      • The RCM Collection
Re: HR 6234 - Purple Heart Preservation Act
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 05:18:35 AM »
I am writing to organizations, family, friends, and even families of veterans who I have been in contact with through my research.  Here's the most succinct blurb I've written so far:

Do we want to criminalize the preservation and care of history?  H.R. 6234 - the Private Piccoli Purple Heart Preservation act is a bill that, if passed, will make it illegal for collectors to purchase, sell, and trade Purple Heart medals.  The intent being that they will stay off the market and within the families of recipients.  Often, there is no family left or they have no interest in caring for the medal earned by a relative they may never have known.  Collectors, however, literally put them on pedestals and learn the entire life story of the veteran, their service, and sacrifice.  This has already happened with the Medal of Honor, forcing them overseas or even destroyed by our own government.  Although the 'right place' for Purple Hearts should be within the family, not everyone shares the understanding for history and it is they who decide in the first place to pass on to someone who cares or worse - sell, forget, or throw them in the trash.  Please take action, learn about HR 6234, and write to your congressman to prevent this bill from becoming law!  It is not only our passion to collect and preserve history, but a liberty!

I'm just discouraged...I hope this turns into a whole lot of nothing.

Rob
-- My Online Collection --

Interested in buying Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals, patches, ribbons and more.

BannerFans.com