BannerFans.com

Author Topic: $13K M2 Helmet  (Read 4164 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Re: $13K M2 Helmet
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 07:25:48 AM »
   While I take the listing verbiage with a grain of salt, it says it came from an estate sale. So, to answer the question about paying 13k, not in a million years as clearly, they are out there and available. Certainly not as common as a fixed bale or swivel, but there are millions of estate sales, yard sales, junk shops, etc... so opportunities abound!    Scott

Good luck and let us know when you find one.

An interesting lid and great info posted by the members, thanks.

Germanhelmetsinc/KenN has one listed right now for $5500.00. There are some condition issues but its less than half of 13k.  Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline doyler

• AMF SCHOLAR
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 11:39:07 PM »
The down side of this is people who dont knoe the differance will see the auction and get an idea all WW2 plain green helmets are worth this >:(

I agree they are out there.Rare not really as a few turn up every year.Some are real some are sold as real but are not.

Rare would be an original 2nd Ranger helmet or a battle damaged 2nd Ranger.I know where one of each are and both in the hands of the family.

I guess you could say an original 5th Ranger is as Rare as well
Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.....

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 11:50:04 PM »
The down side of this is people who dont knoe the differance will see the auction and get an idea all WW2 plain green helmets are worth this >:(

I agree they are out there.Rare not really as a few turn up every year.Some are real some are sold as real but are not.

Rare would be an original 2nd Ranger helmet or a battle damaged 2nd Ranger.I know where one of each are and both in the hands of the family.

I guess you could say an original 5th Ranger is as Rare as well

Ron...you forgot to mention that they are usually found in a barn in Normandy!   ;)
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com