BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Korean War DPRK Shoulder Boards?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Korean War DPRK Shoulder Boards?
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:22:28 PM »
  These came in to the museum with a small grouping from a Korean War veteran. Unfortunately they came by way of a good Samaritan at the local thrift shop, so no story... I tossed them to the side as I really thought they were just old Soviet 50s or 60s era boards, but could I be wrong? Are they actually DPRK or perhaps Russian WWII? Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.  Scott.
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline ScottG

Re: Korean War DPRK Shoulder Boards?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
  Any thoughts? Someone? Anyone???   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:19:14 AM »
Scott,

They look Russian, 50's era, but I will have to look through my books to give you a more positive answer

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline ScottG

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:42:05 AM »
Scott,

They look Russian, 50's era, but I will have to look through my books to give you a more positive answer

Smitty

Thanks Smitty, at least that confirms that my initial thoughts were not unfounded. Without any devices attached its hard to place the country of origin and with the DPRK and China being supplied from the Soviet Union as well as those countries providing advisors and troops to the DPRK, I guess anything is possible? If only these things could talk...   Scott

BannerFans.com