RESEARCH AND REFERENCE > REFERENCE BOOKS

Desert Uniforms, Patches and Insignia of the US Armed Forces Reference Book

(1/4) > >>

Rakkasan187:
For those who collect shoulder sleeve patches and have collected the short lived Desert Subdued insignia that the US Military wore for a short period of time, you may want to reserve a copy of this new book set to come out in December.

This book will cover quite a few of the well known desert colored insignia that was worn. One of the authors Kevin is a Berlin Brigade Soldier and a friend. I expect this to be a top shelf addition to any reference library.

Below is a link to the information about his upcoming book..

Smitty

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/274239-desert-uniforms-patches-and-insignia-of-the-us-armed-forces/

Tom E. Gunn:
Interesting...but at 68.99 / $92.00 cheap it ain't!!   :o

Rakkasan187:
There may not be another printed on this topic. Agree it is a little pricey but I have discovered that Schiffer books are usually priced high but are of excellent detail and quality..

Will advise when I get my copy in December..

Smitty

Tom E. Gunn:

--- Quote from: Rakkasan187 on September 11, 2016, 07:44:34 AM ---There may not be another printed on this topic. Agree it is a little pricey but I have discovered that Schiffer books are usually priced high but are of excellent detail and quality..

Will advise when I get my copy in December..

Smitty

--- End quote ---

Thanks Leigh. I've got a bunch of Schiffer books...all lavishly illustrated hardbacks of top quality...and all top dollar!!  :o

ehrentitle:
Smitty - Al and I do appreciate you mentioning our new book "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces".   We had great support from collectors here in the US as well as in Europe in providing material for the book.  In fact images for some of the hardest to find desert uniforms came from collectors in the UK, Belgium, and Netherlands. 

Yes the book is a bit expensive, however it is nearly 400 pages and has over 1,000 mostly color photos of desert uniforms and insignia. It's already being discounted in pre-orders by some booksellers so it pays to shop around for the lowest price.  For example the Amazon price varies from one country to another in Europe.  Here is a great site that does cost comparison across multiple booksellers to show the cheapest price:  http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/0764352067

We also have a Facebook group for the book which is also a place where collectors can post and discuss photos of desert items in their collections:  www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version