BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Mk II Flashed to the Polish Brigade in Exile  (Read 965 times)

Offline Mark K

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Mk II Flashed to the Polish Brigade in Exile
« on: January 16, 2016, 04:50:10 AM »
I had been on the hunt for a Mk II flashed to the Polish Brigade in exile for some time to add to my Mk II collection and they do not come up for sale in the market place very often and when they do they have to be heavily scrutinized as there are way more forgeries floating around the marketplace than known originals .
I did manage to secure this example from the collection of a friend and advanced Polish Military collector and Moderator on one of the other venues I am a member of.

The helmet body was produced by EC&CO and has a nice textured finish showing definite age,wear and a nice used patina,The liner was produced by JCS&W Ltd and is 1941 dated.
I am quite confident that the eagle was WW II period applied and IMO the paint that was used is anti gas detection paint the eagle is not in an obvious and or widely recognized pattern and I feel it stands a very good chance of being an early variation that was not widely adopted and was possibly applied for a very short period of time while the Polish Army in exile was being reconstituted in Scotland in early 1940.
Recently a fellow collector that specializes in Polish WW II militaria shared an image with me that he suspects is the same flash applied to the front of the Mk II helmets in the image at the bottom this was taken while the Polish Army was training in Scotland in 1940 unfortunately the image will not clear up any better for a clearer look at the flash so the search continues for better period contemporary images and or evidence to support it's use.

Regards Mark
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:52:42 AM by Mark K »

Offline Helmhunter

Re: Mk II Flashed to the Polish Brigade in Exile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:32:17 AM »
Hi Mark,

Very good catch, a nice and rare MKII. :D

Phil.

Offline Mark K

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 06:54:49 AM »
That means a lot coming from you Phil as I have seen some of the helms in your collection on different venues over the years and you have some top notch examples that I would love to have on my shelf.

Regards  Mark

Offline Helmhunter

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »
You're welcome, hoping to see more of your great collection here.  :)

Phil.

BannerFans.com