BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Named and unit id's MKII  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Jerry BB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Named and unit id's MKII
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:03:22 AM »
WWII MKII with the owners name and service number painted under the brim.  The helmets is named to 4187970 Glynne Parry Jones. He was in 6th Bn Royal Welch Fusilers. Enlisted 10th November 1927 and left 26th September 1945.  Sadly I don't know more than this as 6/RWF converted to Parachute troops and he might have transferred but as he was a bit older perhaps than would have been best for the unit.   Certainly by the war period he was almost certainly an NCO unless he was a bad boy.

The helmet is an early war example, maker marked J.S.S which is for Joseph Sankey & Sons, dated 1940 whilst the liner is marked TTC for the Teddy Toy Company which is also dated 1940.  As is correct for early war army helmets it has textured paint on the exterior and smooth shiny paint on the underside.

As I collect to this regiment I was very pleased to get this and it takes pride of place among the helmets in my collection.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

. 8)

Regards,

Jerry BB.

Offline Mark K

Re: Named and unit id's MKII
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »
Nice lid Jerry and it has that been there done that look I like so much in my helmets.

Regards Mark

Offline Jerry BB

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
Thanks Mark, high praise when it comes from a collector with one of the finest allied helmet collections that I know of.
Regards,

Jerry BB.

Offline Mark K

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
Thanx Jerry I guess I can boast to having a couple of nice lids in my collection.
I would gladly display this example on my shelf the wear and patina with the unit I'D make this a top shelf lid in my opinion and these old field worn veterans are getting very hard to come by and this particular example ticks all the right boxes and has the right amount of wear to make it an extremley intresting Mk II..

Regards  Mark
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:58:48 AM by Mark K »

BannerFans.com