BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Allies All: Canadian and American 1/6 Figures  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Robswashashore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Allies All: Canadian and American 1/6 Figures
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
Hello, All:

I just finished some sewing to complete my RCAF Spitfire Pilot, PO Eric D. Downer of the 416th Squadron.  Here he is with some of his Allies: from left:  Cadet Nurse Dorothy Boltz, PFC Paul Pillsbury of the 69th Infantry Division, Capt. Thomas Hooper of the 30th Infantry Division,  MSgt. William Gould of the USAAF 8th Weather Squadron (my Dad).Sgt. John Downer of the Toronto Scottish Regiment (in dress kilt and in Battle dress).

PO Downer's RCAF battle dress was sewn from scratch, as was his cap and his Mae West.  Tom E Gunn might recognize the parachute he is carrying as a goodie he sent me a few years ago.  I am thinking of altering it so that it is RAF style instead of the USAAF.  But for the nonce, it looks OK hanging over his arm.  To my delight, I found some proper period RCAF buttons in my stash (I don't even remember where I got them from!) to add to the display.  I expect that I am the only person on Cape Cod who now knows the difference between King's Crown and Queen's Crown insignia.  I am currently working on PO Downer's Spitfire Mk XVIE, which will be  painted in the "City of Oshawa" 416th Squadron livery.

PO Downer was the cousin of Sgt. Downer, who was the father of a very dear friend and neighbor here on Cape Cod.

Offline Fearless Leader

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Allies All: Canadian and American 1/6 Figures
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »
Welcome back, it's been awhile!
You do such beautiful work, and it always has a special connection to your life.
No finer tribute then from the heart!! :)
THE ALLIED MILITARIA FORUM...... "The freedom forum"!
FREEDOM OF SPEECH.......FREEDOM FROM FEES.....FREEDOM FROM DONATIONS and SOLICITATION.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 01:43:01 AM »
A nice variety of less common subject matter there Jean...well done...and compliments of the season to you and yours!

Ian  ;)
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline m151mp

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 05:05:40 AM »
nice to see the RCAF represented. that was dad's branch. he kept his blue uniform his entire life.
retired glazier
us army vietnam veteran

BannerFans.com