BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Aviation survival items  (Read 4083 times)

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Aviation survival items
« on: August 22, 2015, 12:20:01 PM »
I thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread for all items pertaining to aviation survival items . This can be anything from life preservers to full blown survival kits  ww2 to the present day

Please post what you have , so that we can all learn a little more about these somewhat scarce and desirable items

Im going to start this off with a fairly easily available part of the  TYPE C1 sustenance vest , THE SPIT AND GAFF set

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:38:41 PM by littlebuddy »
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Aviation survival items
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
Good idea Carl. I might have a few bits tucked away somewhere. I'll take a looksie!
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline littlebuddy

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:17:08 PM »
Good idea Carl. I might have a few bits tucked away somewhere. I'll take a looksie!

Thank you Ian ,  Best go get that fully loaded C1 out for a dusting off !! ;D
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »
   Here are a few interesting survival items. These are for the raft kit and they are grooved wood plugs used to repair holes in the rafts. You simply put the plug into the area with the leak and continue to turn it until the leak slows or stops. These were made in Milan Michigan under a government contract by a small woodshop.   Scott.

Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tug1970

• Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:02:26 PM »
   Here are a few interesting survival items. These are for the raft kit and they are grooved wood plugs used to repair holes in the rafts. You simply put the plug into the area with the leak and continue to turn it until the leak slows or stops.
This is when your day just went from BAD to V BAD!!  :P
Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
   Here are a few interesting survival items. These are for the raft kit and they are grooved wood plugs used to repair holes in the rafts. You simply put the plug into the area with the leak and continue to turn it until the leak slows or stops.
This is when your day just went from BAD to V BAD!!  :P

I told the Wife I was going to post them to Facebook under her name with a "guess what these are" header! She was not amused ;D  Scott.
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline littlebuddy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 10:20:23 PM »
 ;D  ear plugs !  ;D

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »
My C-1 survival vest actually has a Sears & Roebuck label. Like many surviving examples it's in mint condition. Other surplus examples were "consumed", being used as "huntin' & fishin' " vests in the post-war era, for which they were well suited! I once had one with the tamper-proof seals still on its pockets.
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com