BannerFans.com

Author Topic: 2015 Military Aviation Review A collector's Price Guide by Mick Prodger OUT NOW!  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Nige1940

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
I'm very pleased to announce a Super looking new ( and what I think will be a very useful) book by the one and only Mick Prodger. 
My thanks to Simon for the kind permission to use his photo . And I quote Simon's listing here as it says it all .

The First Annual Market Report for Collectors of Aviation Related Militaria and Historical Flying Kit.

Compiled and edited by Mick J. Prodger, author of Vintage Flying Helmets and Luftwaffe vs. RAF

144 pages with 474 color photos featuring:

• Flying Headgear
• Flying Clothing
• Uniforms
• Life Jackets / Parachutes
• Escape / Evasion / Survival
• Wings / Badges / Insignia
• Aircraft Parts / Relics
• Aviation Ephemera

Every item described in detail and listed together with its ACTUAL 2014 sold price in $$$, £££ and €€€.

Available very soon price £15.95 + Postage

All sales Information sourced from internationally known reputable sellers and private collectors. Not just a price guide based on “expert” opinions - real prices paid for genuine items!

Please email Simon Lannoy at ; info@themilitariadealers.com to reserve your copy or direct from His website www.themilitariadealers.com .

The Militaria Dealers are proud to be a contributor to this valuable new reference resource for collectors.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:49:13 AM by Nige1940 »
Looking for any British/commonwealth and USAAF/USN aviation headgear 1939-45.
 Flight Helmets O2masks Goggles communications gear or spate parts .
PM Welcome .

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
Thanks for the heads-up Nige. I'll quite likely invest in a copy for its photographic content. The only "problem" with such price-guide books is that they rapidly become out-of-date, unless there are regular, updated re-prints which take account of the inevitable fluctuations in market prices.
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline Nige1940

Well worth while I think Ian , I believe Mick is planning on an Annual  edition so its kept as current as possible .

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:23:43 AM by Tom E. Gunn »
PM Welcome .

Offline Tom E. Gunn

Well worth while I think Ian , I believe Mick is planning on an Annual  edition so its kept as current as possible .

Ooops...hit the wrong tab!   

Makes sense. One such book I had back in the 90s used to have an updated insert published at intervals which you just slipped inside the book. Much more cost effective than re-doing the whole book itself.
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline Nige1940

That sounds like a good system , though I don't know exactly what Mick has planned for it .
Some nice photos inside though .
PM Welcome .

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
I think I'll be asking Nige for a few quotes now to see what values some of the stuff is !! Or am I being a cheapskate ?? :D
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Tom E. Gunn

I think I'll be asking Nige for a few quotes now to see what values some of the stuff is !! Or am I being a cheapskate ?? :D

Yes!!!   ::)
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Cheers pal !! ;D
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Nige1940

Well you just know I'm going to say this.... "not worth much Carl  a few quid maybe " ...just in case you wish to sell it  ;D
PM Welcome .

Offline Nige1940

I just received my copy of this book and have been asked to say a few words . And a brief review .
Firstly the book is out now and is available from Simon Lannoy at www.themilitariadealers.com or from Mick prodger at his site www.vintageflyinghelmets.com or from www.trendingcollectables.com directly.
The book is excellent and presented in a small soft back format aprox 8x5 inches ,the book will be updated annually with new issues and is designed as a resource for the new and seasoned collector alike, to keep an eye on "trending" (as is often the case in our field of collecting) and price fluctuations in the market place . Unlike the age old "antiques price guides" which are based on auction prices, all prices presented in the book are actual prices a collector has paid a dealer for that item. All prices are presented in £ $U.S.. and € .
The layout is very nice with all items presented with a brief description and beautifully photographed (I'm very proud to have a few items I own in the book maybe you will too ? ) ,the items covered are from a cross section of our collecting field and cover Wings, Flight jackets , Flight helmets, Oxygen equipment,  Goggles, Uniforms and Aircraft parts from Japan U.S. Britain Italy Germany etc... and the nationality an items is from is clearly marked on the top of the page with a full colour national roundel to make identification and reference easier .
I can wholly recommend the book, and I guarantee you will say "I WANT IT " ! at least once (or several times in my case) on reading the book .
well worth the few £ $ or € .
PM Welcome .

BannerFans.com