photo bannerfans_11430117_zps8b63cb2d.gif

Author Topic: RAF & Commonwealth Nations  (Read 10519 times)

cutiger83

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: RAF & Commonwealth Nations
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 06:28:49 AM »
Paul,

Great collection! I look forward to seeing more pictures of your collection and building. I would love to see pictures of your O club.

...Kat

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:06 AM »
Hi Kat,

Thanks!  For now attached is the only photo I have of the "O" Club but again after the 15th I'll take and post some more.  This was taken at one of my October "O" Club bashes a couple of years ago.

Paul

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »
Hi Kat,

Thanks!  For now attached is the only photo I have of the "O" Club but again after the 15th I'll take and post some more.  This was taken at one of my October "O" Club bashes a couple of years ago.

Paul

Theres only one thing missing in that photo Paul !!    ME !!!! ;D
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

cutiger83

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »
I love the picture! And the dog is too cute!

....Kat

Offline Nige1940

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »
All comments good or bad are welcome.
Good or BAD ? :o  nothing bad there Sir ! Very impressive collection super looking Polish service dress too .
Looking for any British/commonwealth and USAAF/USN aviation headgear 1939-45.
 Flight Helmets O2masks Goggles communications gear or spate parts .
PM Welcome .

Offline captainofthe7th

• RESEARCH LIAISON
  • Referrals: 1
      • The RCM Collection
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »
This is a great collection, thanks for sharing.  I really like how you have everything set up…your torso forms look great all together!  I love the Polish pilot uniforms.  That's something I need to get into.

Rob
-- My Online Collection --

Interested in buying Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals, patches, ribbons and more.

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »
I had to revist this thread again. I am amazed at the uniforms in your collection..

Incredible stuff..

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »
   Fantastic collection and what a room! I keep thinking an outbuilding is the way to go. maybe someday in the future...  Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
Smitty and ScottG, thanks for your kind words.  I will in the near future post some of those uniforms individually as a couple are pretty unique.  And Smitty if you are back up here in the NorthEast to visit family again make sure you alot some time to visit  we'll go for a spin in the 41 Staff Car and then throw down a few pints in the "O" Club.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 12:50:21 PM »
Smitty and ScottG, thanks for your kind words.  I will in the near future post some of those uniforms individually as a couple are pretty unique.  And Smitty if you are back up here in the NorthEast to visit family again make sure you alot some time to visit  we'll go for a spin in the 41 Staff Car and then throw down a few pints in the "O" Club.

Suitably "warm" beer in true British style, I hope?   ;)  Just to explain that particular myth. Back in WW2, Beer (ale) was traditionally served from oak casks, not chilled and pressurised with "added fizz" like the lager-beers which were popular in the USA at the time. These ales were much more potent brews, though it has to be said that the wartime economy / rationing led to a slight drop in quality in the mid-war period. These ales/ beers were cool rather than "warm"...but obviously not chilled like American beers. They are still very popular over here...a reaction to the Euro-Fizz and US "Lite" beers! There are many independent breweries which produce them and all good pubs will serve a variety at the pumps (known as "from the wood") I drink them myself. Far superior and much more flavoursome than that fizzy c**p which masquerades as "beer"! It's a real man's drink!  ;)
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »

Suitably "warm" beer in true British style, I hope?   ;)  Just to explain that particular myth. Back in WW2, Beer (ale) was traditionally served from oak casks, not chilled and pressurised with "added fizz" like the lager-beers which were popular in the USA at the time. These ales were much more potent brews, though it has to be said that the wartime economy / rationing led to a slight drop in quality in the mid-war period. These ales/ beers were cool rather than "warm"...but obviously not chilled like American beers. They are still very popular over here...a reaction to the Euro-Fizz and US "Lite" beers! There are many independent breweries which produce them and all good pubs will serve a variety at the pumps (known as "from the wood") I drink them myself. Far superior and much more flavoursome than that fizzy c**p which masquerades as "beer"! It's a real man's drink!  ;)

:o :o    Ian !!!  and whats wrong with a bottle of "NEWKIE BROON "!!!!   ;D

I have noticed that in a "foreign beer shop"  I got to in York  ,there are a lot of American brewed  IPA's  and very nice they are too !!!

2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline m151mp

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
seeing all those uniforms once again reminds me of dad, who was first a sgt pilot and then a flight lieutenant in the RCAF during WW2. he flew harvards and survived a mid air collision. when he passed away, we buried him in his blue uniform, keeping only the hat and swagger stick. my wife has one set of cloth wings he gave her years ago. i sure miss him. thanks for posting those.
retired glazier
us army vietnam veteran

Offline Jerry BB

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »
A very impressive collection and well displayed as well, great to see them all in one place, very cool.

Jerry
Regards,

Jerry BB.

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 09:52:25 AM »
Jerry,

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.  And welcome to the AMF!

Paul

BannerFans.com