BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Scouting Family  (Read 8239 times)

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Scouting Family
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Scott,

I too have seen the shift over the past few years. Unfortunatley now, the Scout Oath and Scout Law is just something recited at the beginning of a scout meeting. They are just words with no real interpretation as to what they mean and the boys are not being mentored in my opinion as to what is right and wrong...

"To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight"...Morally straight has taken on a very different interpretation in today's world...

I will just leave it at that.

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 10:56:15 AM »
 While I do agree with you 100% Smitty, I just wanted to clarify that my issue was separate from the larger shift within the BSA. I also should have stated that I do congratulate all gone who have participated and made Eagle or into the ranks of the O-A. Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
While I do agree with you 100% Smitty, I just wanted to clarify that my issue was separate from the larger shift within the BSA. I also should have stated that I do congratulate all gone who have participated and made Eagle or into the ranks of the O-A. Scott

No arguments here Scott. I think it is a darn shame that you did not "have your day in court" so to speak.. and the powers that be made a judgement call without hearing your side.. Although I don't agree with current policies I will always remember the great times I had growing up in Scouting..

Thanks again Scott for your years of service...

;)

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline m151mp

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 04:42:07 AM »
if anyone here collects scouting stuff from Canada, i have a wolf cubs sweater with a few pins on it from the 1950's. it's had a tough life, being handed down from one brother to another. it's been in a cedar chest for decades now, and no one wants it, but i don't want to just throw it away. is anyone here interested?
retired glazier
us army vietnam veteran

BannerFans.com