BannerFans.com

Author Topic: ROK Ike Jacket on ebay..interesting but pricey. Is it real?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline captainofthe7th

• RESEARCH LIAISON
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
      • The RCM Collection
Found this little piece today in my feed on eBay.  ROK stuff is super hard to come by, and I've never seen a uniform like this.  The ribbons are very interesting.  I have no idea what to think about it.  The price seems ...quite high.

I'm curious to know if anyone else knows anything about these, or what the American ribbons are doing on top there.  I don't think it's easily researchable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Korean-War-ROK-Army-Jacket-Insignia-Badge-Patch-Ribbons-Military-Uniform-/271497541334?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Rob
-- My Online Collection --

Interested in buying Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals, patches, ribbons and more.

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
Re: ROK Ike Jacket on ebay..interesting but pricey. Is it real?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »
It is an interesting jacket.  I am by no means an ROK uniform expert but it is a seldom seen uniform.  $2,500 worth of interesting, well not to me it's not.  I can't however seem to rationalize why he would have US ETO, Occupation and American Defense ribbons.  That would really be one well traveled soldier.

Offline gldank

• PLANKOWNER
  • I Am Old But I Was In The Navy When It Was Cool!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:21:23 AM »
I am no expert by any means. I have been to South Korea many times in my Naval career. You can get any ribbon setup you want done cheaply down on Hotel Street in Pusan. get the thread wet and it will run a bit and the colors fade pretty quick. It is sure a pretty jacket though. I love the minelaying scull and crossbone pin. Must have been a DMZ commando.   ;)
James

I am looking for anything related to General Malin Craig, US Army (1875-1945)

Offline gldank

• PLANKOWNER
  • I Am Old But I Was In The Navy When It Was Cool!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:29:40 AM »
Oh, the 5 year American Red Cross Service ribbon (bottom row, middle)was not awarded to military personnel if I am not mistaken, only civilians and was discontinued after 1949.  ???
James

I am looking for anything related to General Malin Craig, US Army (1875-1945)

BannerFans.com