BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Young WAAC that went AWOL  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Dr. Davis

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
      • Dr. Davis
Young WAAC that went AWOL
« on: March 23, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
My first thread, and no Admin., I'm not a sexist, and women in uniform do look good.  ;) But I also have to be careful, my oldest sister was in the Marine Corps, my youngest sister in the US Army, and her daughter, my niece was in the US Air Force, with flights over Iraq and Afghanistan, and she is also living in Germany now.
 Anyway, I like the part about how Amber D'Georg was "The best entertainer in the show".

http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/cdm/ref/collection/wwii/id/2787

Caption reads: This vivacious young dancer, whose strip-tease charmed a Thanksgiving Day audience at a Des Moines, la., theater, was disclosed to be a WAAC, absent without leave. She was billed as "Amber d'Georg." Military police picked her up after the matinee. "She's just a girl who had no understanding of her responsibilities" said her commanding officer.
"If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."
Mickey Mantle

Offline TRR

• FORUM MANAGER
  • Referrals: 8
      • Tinkers Row Relics
Re: Young WAAC that went AWOL
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
What a great article! Around here, History is History no matter what it is.

When I was stationed at Ft. Bliss we had a LT show up one day looking like a mountain man. When asked what he needed, he replied "why was my pay stopped?" Upon looking, he has been AWOL for about 2 years and his unit dropped him from rolls but finance never stopped his pay. He had no clue what he was doing was wrong, but of course he was an officer ;)
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE 38TH INFANTRY REGIMENT

ERIK A. KASSEL
A.M.F. Forum Manager

ASMIC #5218

Offline Dr. Davis

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
      • Dr. Davis
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
Hey Erik, a Lt. that went awol? :o Never heard anything like that before, but I guess Officers are human too.
"If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."
Mickey Mantle

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »
Aren't those MPs just big "party-poopers"?!   ::)
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com