BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Our museums Grand Opening!  (Read 2787 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Our museums Grand Opening!
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:50:36 PM »
   Well, I have been rather scarce around here lately as far as posting goes, but that's because I only had 6 weeks to prepare for our museums opening! We had an opportunity in August to sign a very fair lease on a brand new building and then had only from September 15th to November 4th to prepare for an opening. We pulled together what we could and got opened for the 4th. Then we had a scheduled grand opening event on November 13th as to not clash with previously scheduled Veterans Day events. (We were open on Veterans Day)
  All went well  and while there is still much to be done, we cannot complain, and the outpouring of support has been great! Many new items have "walked in" and space is filling quickly! We hope to receive an influx of needed funds through some donation requests and then add more cabinets and mannequin displays, along with more multi-media use, but all in due time.
   This wonderful report came out yesterday and I wanted to share it here. The photos are magnificent and the author and photographer are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Be sure to check out the photo gallery as there are over 100 great shots. Hope you all like it and please, give the folks at Life in Michigan a thank you as well. They work hard on a fantastic web site and blog!    Scott

http://www.lifeinmichigan.com/   
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Our museums Grand Opening!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:45:57 PM »
Congratulations to you and your museum team Scott. I and my / our museum team wish you well in this exciting new venture!

Ian
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline ScottG

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »
   Thanks as always Ian, I hope to get more time to share some of the recent donations and groupings soon!  Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »
We had a function at our museum last weekend to celebrate its fourth birthday...and also to commemorate the recent passing of one of our most distinguished "friends"...the late Eileen Younghusband, a WW2 legend here! ( see link below)  We set up the table she used to sit at lit a candle in her memory.  ( That's Glenn, our chairman, in the 2nd ID uniform!) We invited friend s and vets and entertained them with "live" 40s music and suitable refreshments!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2016/09/07/eileen-younghusband-waaf-officer--obituary/
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline ScottG

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »
   Congrats on 4 years and hopefully many more to come! A very fitting tribute to Mrs. Younghusband as well, and that is certainly the reason we need these museums, lest we forget...    Scott

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »
Scott,

Congrats on the opening of the Museum.  I know it is the result of many many hours of hard work.  Displays look great!  Best of luck!

Offline ScottG

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »
Scott,

Congrats on the opening of the Museum.  I know it is the result of many many hours of hard work.  Displays look great!  Best of luck!

Thanks very much! Hopefully soon we will be able to add some more aviation related stuff, just so I can keep you and LB talking  ;D   Scott

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 06:44:26 AM »
Scott and Ian,,

Congratulations to both of you and your fine institutions.. It is so rewarding to see the fruits of our labors are recognized and appreciated by those who served and those who want to keep our history alive..

Well done gentlemen..

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline Tom E. Gunn

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 09:24:50 AM »
Scott and Ian,,

Congratulations to both of you and your fine institutions.. It is so rewarding to see the fruits of our labors are recognized and appreciated by those who served and those who want to keep our history alive..

Well done gentlemen..

Smitty

Thanks Leigh!   ;)
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com