BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Time to come out of the closet.  (Read 300 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Time to come out of the closet.
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »
    Literally! My name is ScottG and I have a problem, apparently I am a uniform collector...

As many of you know, I have been spending a lot of time with the new Michigan Military Heritage Museum. That said, my own collecting doesn't appear to be suffering except that I have things everywhere! So, I made the call to pull my large department store rack out of the basement closet and have begun to arrange many of my uniforms on it. This would seem like a natural thing to most collectors, but for the past three years my basement was the holding area for all of the museums collection as our small historical society house ran out of room.
  I put my items away in boxes and now I am trying to get recovered. I call it a self induced intervention ;D. I will be working on getting my own displays back in order so that my man cave/bunker/war room is presentable once again. I will try to add pictures as progress is made, but for the most part many of my items and groupings are already posted.
   Here is the garment rack in progress. My name is Scott and I have a problem, but its so much fun!    Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Time to come out of the closet.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:13:52 PM »
Don't worry Scott...you're among friends here. I have a similar rail myself...any new uniform has to be shoe-horned in. It's a common affliction among people like us!
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline littlebuddy

• USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
Problem ?? I don't see any problem !!
2017 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Masonk

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 0
      • Military Collectors of Delaware Valley (PA/NJ/DE)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »
The only problem I see, is those racks aren't full. Looks like there is more than enough room on them to add more uniforms!
Eric
ASMIC #5492

Militaria Collectors of Delaware Valley (PA/NJ/DE) - Facebook

Check me out on Instagram @philly_militaria_collector

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 02:11:11 PM »
The only problem I see, is those racks aren't full. Looks like there is more than enough room on them to add more uniforms!

Eric, the picture was done mid project yesterday. I still have about 75 uniforms in boxes. Everything from WWII through my own uniforms. I generally don't add my personal uniforms to any displays as that just seems weird to me  ???. I also have 9 more WWI and WWII that are on mannequins and torso's throughout the basement. Sooo, maybe I get another rack, or maybe I consider some type of a trade or sell off?
   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

BannerFans.com