BannerFans.com

Author Topic: 2 unknows patchs  (Read 327 times)

Offline frednizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
2 unknows patchs
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:24:03 AM »
Hi all,

I found fron some days thoses two patchs, they are for me misterius, maybe one of you know them.
For me they are WWII, they was by a friend who collect only german.

Fred

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
Re: 2 unknows patchs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 06:26:47 AM »
Fred,

The first patch is Alabama National Guard

Second Patch is National Security Training Corps, a rather obscure Training Program that was really never established but was pushed by General George C. Marshall during the Truman administration..

Because he saw the necessity for long-term preparedness, Marshall argued strenuously for universal military training (UMT), formally proposed by President Truman in March 1948. He described the Military Training and Service Act of 1951, although less than he wanted, as a historic step. This legislation revised the Selective Service Act of 1948 by lowering the draft age from 19 to 18 1/2, increasing the period of service from 21 to 24 months, and setting the total service obligation (active and reserve) at 8 years. It also approved UMT in principle, based on induction of youths for six months' service in a "National Security Training Corps." Although Marshall expressed confidence that Congress would pass legislation implementing UMT, it never did, thus eliminating what he considered the act's most important feature.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/233262-national-security-training-corps/

The following information/link is provided by PATCHRAT on another forum..

There are two entries in the ASMIC "Trading Post" regarding this patch. Short version is they were produced in the late 40's however the program was not funded by the congress. There are also 6 rank insignia related to the organization. White bars on a red background.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/233837-national-security-training-patch/

National Security Training Corps

JAN-MAR 92 pg 30 Catalog entry
Apr –Jun 2006 pg 5 Article by Emerson

Smitty

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline frednizza

• Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:37:10 AM »
 ;) Many thanks, I appreciat a lot the perfect answer and the very good information you give me.

Fred

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 07:36:52 AM »
;) Many thanks, I appreciat a lot the perfect answer and the very good information you give me.

Fred

You're welcome my Friend...

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

BannerFans.com