BannerFans.com

Author Topic: My Marine Corps room  (Read 3567 times)

Offline warguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
My Marine Corps room
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »
This is my first post on this forum, and I decided with less restriction on photo size, to go gang busters and post some photos of my Marine collection. I have been collecting for 30 years, and have amassed a sizeable collection of US and other countries items, WWII and older. About five years ago, I was bitten by the Marine bug after I was lucky enough to purchase a neat uniform grouping dating from the Span Am war. I haven't looked back since, and while I still admire the rest of my collection (I have kept it) I spend most of my time studying, researching and acquiring items related to the Marine Corps. My WWII Marine collection is pretty well rounded, so I have been spending most of my time with WWI, Span AM, and Banana War items. I am blessed with an understanding wife, who allowed me a two story den when we built our house twenty years ago. She then allowed me to take over my daughters play room when she went to college. The Marine collection is stored there. I jokingly refer to this as the "west wing" of the collection, but that is where she draws the line and finds little humor in that. Conveniently, my wife had painted and decorated the room in a Hawaiian motif several years ago after we returned from a vacation there. The sand colored sponge paint on the walls and the palm tree border I thought tied in well for a Marine collection with items from the Pacific and Banana war period. The room is perhaps 1000 square feet or so. Anyway, after about two years of focused effort, here is where I am. I will start with what the room looked like before the display moved in. Thanks for looking. Kevin   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:03:17 PM by littlebuddy »

Offline warguy

Re: My Marine Corps room
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:21:22 AM »
Well looked like the photo posting worked so I will go to town.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:26:39 AM by warguy »

Offline warguy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
Okay struggling a bit with learning how to post pictures without duplicating them. This might take a bit longer than expected. I'll try again.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Alright, I don't get it so if someone can help, I will post more. I am going in attachments and selecting photos. I then click on insert photo. It shows up as an attachment in the body of the narrative. Says I can post 6 photos to each thread, but when I chose the next photo, it ends up as a duplicate of the last one when posted. In other words, I select 6 different pictures, and when posted, I get 6 duplicate shots of the last photo selected. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:35:13 AM by warguy »

Offline Tug1970

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
Kevin, keep struggling........would love to see more of this collection.

Tug  ;)
Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Offline warguy

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 11:48:12 AM »
Still struggling then.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:49:54 AM by warguy »

Offline warguy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:13 AM »
Still having issues, so if someone could walk me through attaching the photos. I select on the image, hit insert, go to the next image, hit insert, but again when done, I have 6 shots of the last image selected. The only way I have been able to get different shots in the posts above is to go back and modify by deleting the duplicate images and selecting one new one. Help!

Offline littlebuddy

• USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:56 PM »
2017 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline warguy

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
Thanks, does a great job of explaining how to insert text before or after a photo, but doesn't really tell me why I am selecting an image, hitting insert, and why that image changes when I select the next photo. Kevin

Offline warguy

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 12:28:13 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Still trying, so if you see only one or two images per post, I still need help.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:29:56 PM by warguy »

Offline littlebuddy

• USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 12:31:18 PM »
When selecting your images to post ,does your screen look like this ??
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
2017 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
  Hi Kevin, I think what is happening is that you are added the images to the same box. When adding 2 or more, you have to click on the "more attachments" beneath the initial box that appears. It doesn't look like a hot link but it is. Hope that helps as beyond that, I am a computer idiot ;D  Scott.
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline warguy

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ] Okay, I had some luck that time with selecting a photo, inserting, then hitting preview and selecting the next. The preview does not show me the photo though. Seems too difficult so I must still be doing something wrong. But I will try a few more. If anyone would like to see a better shot of anything let me know, I have lots of close ups.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:53:41 PM by Tom E. Gunn »

Offline warguy

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 12:42:31 PM »
Well that was a bit of a mess. Littlebuddy, no I am not getting that same screen, but it might be because I wasn't selecting the additional photos box like Scott suggested. I didn't even see it, but I will try again. Scott, you are a computer genius compared to me I am sure. Another deep breath.

Offline warguy

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 12:48:32 PM »
Lets try again.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline warguy

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
Bingo-success. Littlebuddy and Scott, you were both on the right track, I didn't even see the little more attachments below. Thanks guys. A few more before I call it a day. The room changes daily, and I need to take some better photos that are more up to date. I look forward to sharing. Kevin

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

BannerFans.com