BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Assorted British regimental cap insignia  (Read 4527 times)

Offline m151mp

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Assorted British regimental cap insignia
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »
Ian, several years ago i found something important to me. as you know, uncle charlie was KIA in the black watch of canada. the 13th battalion had their own cap badge, and i managed to secure one for the display box. i also found a single C/13 collar dog, which was the company he was in. lord knows where his death penny and mother's cross went, though. then an acquaintance informed me of an impending visit to belgium, offering to take a picture of his grave marker for me. she placed in front of it a current maple leaf flag, an older type under which he fought, and a hockey puck, as charlie played hockey before joining the watch.then canada sent me a replacement cross, of the modern type, and i put the box together, next to his painting. best i could do. as long as we are alive to speak their names, they are not forgotten.
retired glazier
us army vietnam veteran

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Assorted British regimental cap insignia
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:17 AM »
Ian, several years ago i found something important to me. as you know, uncle charlie was KIA in the black watch of canada. the 13th battalion had their own cap badge, and i managed to secure one for the display box. i also found a single C/13 collar dog, which was the company he was in. lord knows where his death penny and mother's cross went, though. then an acquaintance informed me of an impending visit to belgium, offering to take a picture of his grave marker for me. she placed in front of it a current maple leaf flag, an older type under which he fought, and a hockey puck, as charlie played hockey before joining the watch.then canada sent me a replacement cross, of the modern type, and i put the box together, next to his painting. best i could do. as long as we are alive to speak their names, they are not forgotten.

What a terrific gesture!
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com