BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Wing pick up today  (Read 1765 times)

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Wing pick up today
« on: October 11, 2015, 09:18:18 AM »
I picked this wing up in a "lot"  on an auction on facebook , the other items that came with it are AAF related . What i wanted to ask you fine fellows of the forum is this , is it me or does there look to be some sort of "inscription" for the want of a better word on the back on the left handside of the wing as we are viewing it ??  i might just be seeing things but any opinion other than mine is worth a million dollars !!

REST OF THE LOT

LB
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Wing pick up today
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:48:48 AM »
It does look that way Carl. Try rubbing a suitably dark compound like shoe polish into it, then wipe it off. It might serve to enhance any markings which might be there? Nice Flight Officer insignia...pin-back?
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »
It does look that way Carl. Try rubbing a suitably dark compound like shoe polish into it, then wipe it off. It might serve to enhance any markings which might be there? Nice Flight Officer insignia...pin-back?

Ian !!  that might be a tad difficult at the moment ,  as the pieces are still in the US  ;D    Yes the FO insignia is pin backed , might have paid a little over the odds for the LOT , but i did like that wing !!   
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 10:56:58 AM »
Ah...right!  :o
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com