BannerFans.com

Author Topic: USAF CCT Grouping  (Read 2152 times)

Offline hardflip

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
USAF CCT Grouping
« on: September 15, 2014, 10:12:53 AM »
Acquired few nice pieces from this guy's set.

The made up piece, combat shirt is really cool.

Just a close up of the t-shirt that was used. T-Shirt is not modified in any way.

Normal DCU

Modified DCU

Close up from the right sleeve pocket, the sleeve ranks are left there. Same with left sleeve.
Never give up.

ASMIC #5393

Offline TRR

• FORUM MANAGER
  • Referrals: 8
Re: USAF CCT Grouping
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:18 PM »
Interesting uniforms. I don't believe the Army patch would have been authorized for AF personnel. They also look very clean for being a theater modified set. Definitely worth some research and cool pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Offline hardflip

• PLANKOWNER
  • Referrals: 0
Re: USAF CCT Grouping
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
I think the only piece that is probably modified overseas would be the combat shirt but I am not 100% sure. The rest if any modifications is most likely done in US.

AFI's been changing over the past years and if I am not completely mistaken it was change again and the wear of Army patches is allowed.

I saved a piece from the recent article at Soldier System.

However, for some odd reason, the US Army ‘Airborne’ tab is in the AFI and it has never been an individual award but rather a part of a unit’s Shoulder Sleeve Insignia. Although, admittedly, back in the day I saw Airmen assigned to joint units like JCSE wear it stand alone on their sleeve

Please let me know if I have misunderstood something. All this is good information.
Never give up.

ASMIC #5393

BannerFans.com