BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Kids who bring home strays!  (Read 536 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Kids who bring home strays!
« on: May 08, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »
  My oldest Son Kevin is a college student and he works full time. He loves his music and he loves WWI Canadian Expeditionary Force items. The problem is, he is a college student that works full time... It means that most WWI CEF items are just way above his budget. So, I gave him some advice, passed along a few WWII items for him to e-Bay and raise funds, and waited to see what he did.
   Here are the fruits of his labor. He raised a little shy of $500.00 by selling some British badges and he bought a beautiful WWI Canadian canteen and with all of the straps intact and in overall great condition and he got it for $75.00! Many are the days when just the early webbing/leather is that much, never mind the blue enameled canteen. So I think he did great on that one and I told him. A few days later a box is left on the porch and out of it comes a basket wrapped SRD (Service Rum Department) jug from Halifax! Again, he got it for $80.00 and usually they are much more here. So, another score for him! He then told me that I should use the rest to get another Adrian helmet from WWI that he found on a website. So, Dad gets a gift too!
   Here are the canteen and SRD jug. The Adrian hasn't shipped yet so it will be another post.   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Kids who bring home strays!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 11:40:32 PM »
Well good for him...great acquisitions. The canteen in its leather, rather than webbing carrier is great!
"He who dares, wins!"

BannerFans.com