BannerFans.com

Author Topic: My new addition to the fold ! a fantastic condition Type B8 back type chute  (Read 473 times)

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Took me sometime ,but finally i have a great example of the Type B8 back style parachute harness complete with original canopy . This came from Joshua De Jong , of the RIGGER DEPOT so im 100% confident of its originality and provenance .
The remarkable thing about this ,is that it was/is  named to a guy called STREED . Even though the ASN has been marker penned out ( Joshua does assure me that it is a period marker) is that i have a single ply tan visor ( crusher  for want of a better word) named to a Maj Streed.

With Josuhas help we have now determined that it is the very same guy !! Fate ?? That these 2 items should be thousands of miles apart then become reunited with each other ??  or just my doggedness determination to get the best example of items that i can ,but get a double whammy from them being from the same guy !
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Scarecrow

• PLANKOWNER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Carl,

That is unreal!  The chances of randomly reuniting those two pieces...well let's just say the odds would be better to win the lottery.  Great find!

Paul

Offline littlebuddy

Carl,

That is unreal!  The chances of randomly reuniting those two pieces...well let's just say the odds would be better to win the lottery.  Great find!

Paul

Paul , its quite unbelieavable really isnt it !??   im still trying to get my head around it !!!
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
   Awesome bit of luck to reunite those items! And, congrats on the chute as I know you have been searching patiently for a longtime for the right one.  Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline littlebuddy

Awesome bit of luck to reunite those items! And, congrats on the chute as I know you have been searching patiently for a longtime for the right one.  Scott

I certainley have Scott ! But a bit of luck ,patience and networking and i dont think i couldnt have found better !

BannerFans.com