BannerFans.com

Author Topic: TYPE B9 Combat and maintenance helmet  (Read 712 times)

Offline littlebuddy

• FORUM MODERATOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
TYPE B9 Combat and maintenance helmet
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:36:16 AM »
The Type B9 combat and maintenance helmet was the last of the winter  B series to be adopted by the USAAF during ww2. It was intended for non aircrew and maintenance crews and also emergency ground use in cold weather .
It was standardized in Sept 1943 .

I just saw this on Evil bay and thought that has got to be a hard to find piece ? i hope i havnt dropped one in buying it ??  notice the US AIRFORCE logo instead of US ARMY AIRFORCE . this is also encountered on the type H1 bail out bottle which were wartime issue .

2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline Tom E. Gunn

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
Re: TYPE B9 Combat and maintenance helmet
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »
Carl...I've got one of those. The USAF used them until recently...probably / possibly still do?
"He who dares, wins!"

Offline littlebuddy

• FORUM MODERATOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Re: TYPE B9 Combat and maintenance helmet
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:37:48 PM »
Carl...I've got one of those. The USAF used them until recently...probably / possibly still do?

Yes I have one too Ian , although the nomenclature is slightly different , Type B9b (?) IIRC made from the same material as the Ma1 flight jacket
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

BannerFans.com