BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Info sought on this patch  (Read 511 times)

Offline Patchcollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
Info sought on this patch
« on: April 10, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »
Hi all,
This patch is seller described as Thai made,but from the pics I'm wondering if this is'nt Middle Eastern(Iraq,Afghan,etc..) made.Any thoughts?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:48:36 PM by Patchcollector »

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
Re: Info sought on this patch
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:18:01 PM »
  While I couldn't rule out Iraq, it doesn't conform to any that I have seen or own. So, hopefully some small help... Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Patchcollector

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
Thanks Scott for your input.I asked because he stated "Thai made",which to me would infer Vietnam War era.The back of the tab resembles how the "puffyback" pieces were constructed.It's just the weave pattern on the front and the tiny holes on the back of the lightning bolt piece that has me wondering.The sellers images are'nt the best,so I'll get a better view when I get it in hand.

Offline Patchcollector

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
Just an update;I received the SF patch and after examining it in hand I can state that it is definitely NOT a Thai made piece.It is constructed like some Middle Eastern pieces I've seen.

Offline Phill Lockett

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 04:33:22 PM »
Hi PC

note the Airborne tab has been merrowed but the patch has not! I would say thats an odd combination.
One would expect both to be merrowed?

Phill
Regards

Phill

Offline Patchcollector

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 06:54:10 AM »
Hi Phill,
Good observation.I had overlooked that.If my hunch is correct and it is Middle Eastern made,it could be that the individual pieces were made/sourced by different makers and initially sold that way,or that it was pieced together by someone at a later date.I do notice that the backings of the two pieces are similar,but not exactly the same.

BannerFans.com