BannerFans.com

Author Topic: WWI Presentation I did onstage to Swedish band Sabaton  (Read 921 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
WWI Presentation I did onstage to Swedish band Sabaton
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:04 PM »
  Monday I spent the day as the guest of Swedish metal band Sabaton. As many of you know, they write about military themes and really do a nice job on the research. My Son, and friend Dennis and I presented the band certificates and coins from our Governor's WWI Centennial Commission and from the Michigan Military Heritage Museum. They were 5 of the nicest guys in the music community that I have ever met! You can see us do the presentation at the 14 minute mark. Behind on the screen, they put up a video of our museums images. Just a great night and we have all been communicating throughout this week. The concert was streamed world wide and National Rock Revue covered it.   Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcj4LWhayI
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline littlebuddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • USAAF SPOKEN HERE 24/7 365
  • Referrals: 6
Re: WWI Presentation I did onstage to Swedish band Sabaton
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:20:38 AM »
You will be handing out autographs soon Scott !
Seriously , must have been a great feeling for you all ?
2018 and STILL WANTED! a pair of RAF 1940 Patt boots and RAF life vest
Always looking for quality condition USAAF stationary,ephemera,equipment and clothing.
Starting to look for the harder to find items e.g. survival kits and items also woukd like to add a complete "Gibson Girl " set up
We are here for the collectors, not for profit. (PERIOD!)

Offline ScottG

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:30:30 AM »
You will be handing out autographs soon Scott !
Seriously , must have been a great feeling for you all ?

The ironic thing is, the band were the ones being recognized yet we were the ones that received the royalty treatment. Just a great bunch of guys as well as their crew.   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline ScottG

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »
This presentation continues to amaze! Our Facebook page has gone from about 300-400 page views per week to over 14,000 this week alone! The band shared our presentation and photos on their page as well as the live stream and a separate vlog and they  have nearly a million followers on Facebook. What an incredible boost for our small museum! You can check out some of the videos on our page at Michigan Military Heritage Museum or on Sabaton's page.   Scott

Offline Masonk

• FORUM EXECUTIVE MANAGER
  • Referrals: 0
      • Military Collectors of Delaware Valley (PA/NJ/DE)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 07:44:45 AM »
Wow, that's pretty awesome, Scott! I'm sure it was an amazing experience for you and all involved. And you of course can't beat the free advertising the museum gets as a result! ;)
Eric
ASMIC #5492

Militaria Collectors of Delaware Valley (PA/NJ/DE) - Facebook

Check me out on Instagram @philly_militaria_collector

Offline Rakkasan187

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
Scott,

I was just able to view this.. Very Very Impressive. Thank you for sharing this with us.. I had never heard of this group before but I was very intent on watching the video.. Sabaton is great..

Smitty
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"What you do in Life, echos in Eternity"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr (Smitty)
USA (ret) 1984-2005

EPFD 1997-2008

ASMIC Member

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Association Member (RAKKASANS)

VFW Member

Offline ScottG

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 01:01:07 AM »
Scott,

I was just able to view this.. Very Very Impressive. Thank you for sharing this with us.. I had never heard of this group before but I was very intent on watching the video.. Sabaton is great..

Smitty

Smitty, they really were and are a great bunch of guys. There tour manager was a Portuguese Marine and we have really had some great conversations since the show. You can see a lot more of the stuff they did for the museum on our Facebook page at Michigan Military Heritage Museum. I would recommend the Carolus Rex album to you, specifically the songs En Livstid I Krig ( A Lifetime of War) or the Caroleans Prayer. Also, try to watch this without getting goosebumps... Very sad and somber. Scott
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1ftZ5e3hQ&bpctr=1521273672

Offline Garandomatic

• Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 05:57:10 PM »
I really liked the song they did about the Battle of Castle Itter... I think they called it "The Last Battle."  Very cool news, congrats, man.

Offline ScottG

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 12:14:46 AM »
I really liked the song they did about the Battle of Castle Itter... I think they called it "The Last Battle."  Very cool news, congrats, man.

Yes that's the one! I love the way the kids all get into it and sing about history! All that learning while having a bit of fun and being with other people and not on a phone or computer!   Scott

BannerFans.com