BannerFans.com

Author Topic: Museum Chat  (Read 7987 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Re: Museum Chat
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2017, 03:42:03 PM »
  Beneath the 4, 48" x 36" cases are areas for ordnance, footlockers, etc... In the trench is an 85th "Custer Division" trooper and an Adjutant General Corps, Army Field Clerk Officer. In the small corner bunker is a radioman complete with signals book, field phone, trench shotgun, typewriter and a working wine bottle candle lamp.    Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline ScottG

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2017, 03:46:50 PM »
  As you exit the trench, the back of the walls hold another WWI exhibit space that transitions into the WWII ETO exhibit. Here you find our WWI U.S. Navy exhibit, a Polar Bear, another "Custerman" as well as items from the Michigan National Guard's 32nd Division. On the WWII side is our 8th AAF Navigator, a U.S. Constabulary trooper from 1945-46, an 86th Division infantryman, and a Coastie!  Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline ScottG

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
  Our new Pacific theater "hut" contains a "window" full of WWII Japanese weaponry including a Type 89 "knee" mortar, a Nambu Machine Gun, a couple of variation Type 99 rifles, a pole bayonet, as well as a sword, helmet and canteen. Inside are exhibits from Michigan service members that served in the Pacific/CBI. They include Marines from the 4th MarDiv, 1st Marine Air Wing, China Marine, a sailor from the Indianapolis and the aviator who found the survivors, a PT boat man, the army's 6th I.D. an Engineer Special Brigade Amphibious AMTRAC driver in both HBT and dress uniform, 32nd Division, and 14th AAF.  Scott.

Offline ScottG

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2017, 03:56:45 PM »
  More of the hut.  Scott

Offline ScottG

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »
  Our Korea/Vietnam exhibit is really starting to come together with a new, large exhibit of a career Marine who served in both wars. Also notice the captured oil painting of Ho Chi Minh. The vet took this in Cambodia in 1971 while serving in the 1st Cav. He was actually featured on "Pawn Stars" with it and they refused it as it was "communist". There loss, our gain!  Scott

Offline ScottG

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
  We still have a Battle of the Bulge area we are working on and I will share it when its done. there is also a bit of "detail" work to be done, but overall I am excited to see what the public response will be on Saturday! I will leave you with a tidbit from our Civil War area that shows our 6lb cannon.   Scott

BannerFans.com