BannerFans.com

Author Topic: The Disappearance of the Confederacy in America.  (Read 18954 times)

Offline ScottG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 11
Re: The Disappearance of the Confederacy in America.
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2017, 05:52:36 PM »
If you think having new-nazis, clansman, and alt-right figures with tiki torches defending Confederate statues is helping preserve history...I don't know really what to say.

Someone once told me anything that comes before the word but is meaningless.

This is  only going to accelerate the removal of Confederate statues.

I do not condone any violence for any political purpose, by anyone.

The greatest generation who's history I collect and preserve gave their lives defending freedom against racism, fascism, and anitsemitism. Seeing groups like this exist in America today personally sickens me. Anyone who makes excuses for any of these groups or supports racist rhetoric is no friend of mine.

I feel like this is a good final post for me on this forum. Best wishes to all.

Peter

I too hope that you reconsider Pete. I didn't take your comments as you calling me a racist and I hope you don't take my post as me being one as I am not. Like you I agree that this type of rally and protest will do nothing to preserve southern heritage or the statues. It is only accelerating the destruction of both. I believe both sides knew there would be trouble and I think both sides came "loaded for bear".
  What I found disturbing was the media coverage clearly showing a black anti-protester using a lit and flaming aerosol can to try and either injure a protester or worse. This coupled with the other images of helmeted ANTIFA and many with clubs makes me question what is considered fair?
   Permit or not, I would never attend or support a KKK, Aryan, or other hate group rally. That said, I spent 23 years in a de-segregated army upholding 1st amendment rights such as free speech. So, one group requested and was granted a permit to gather and they did so, albeit I am certain without the best of intentions. But the other, ANTIFA or whatever they are called, did not, and they seem to be viewed by much of the media as champions of a higher moral cause. Had they not attended, the group of haters would have no one to denounce publicly, no one but their like minded simpleton "kin" to address, and certainly no mass media attention. In my opinion there should be arrests and serious civil rights or even terror charges brought against both groups.
   So, again I hope you stay on board and know that I do not condone the actions of those groups in any way. That said, you do realize that the "Greatest Generation" for the most part did not engage in the efforts to end racism? Inside the military most fought to maintain segregation and that lasted well into the 50s. Still, they certainly had no love for fascism or totalitarian governments to be sure.    Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Jerry BB

• Referrals: 0
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
it seems the Antifa are just as full of hate

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Regards,

Jerry BB.

Offline M1Ashooter

• PLANKOWNER
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2017, 09:26:27 PM »
Washington owned slaves, are people going to start demanding his statues be taken down or we knock down the Washington Memorial.  What about Jefferson he owned slaves and also has his own Memorial.  What about the memorials and statues dedicated to Confederate troops at Gettysburg, are we going to remove them also?

As I tell the women in my family, react with facts not emotions.  Who is funding these groups?  Who is agitating these people?  There is much more to these groups then meet the eyes.

Offline ScottG

• Referrals: 11
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2017, 10:48:25 PM »
  Today our local school district sent a girl home and she was told that she could not park on school property until she removed the confederate flag from her front license (Michigan does not require a front plate).
  I find this intriguing as schools are tasked with being the providers of education to our youth. Since the young lady in question drives, one must assume she is 16 or older. Since she is 16 or older, one can then assume she is in high school. Since she is in high school she would have had her Civil War requirements met in 8th grade U.S. History/Social Studies as that is when Michigan requires it per standard. She would then move on to U.S. History 1 and 2 and World History. All of these classes require teachers that by job description and degree, should be imparting knowledge of their various fields to our youth. I mean, its what teachers do right?
   So, I am trying to understand why teachers and education administrators can send a girl home for having a confederate flag on her car when what she really had was not the a confederate flag but the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia! Seems as though there is a lack of teaching going on, or perhaps some other agenda? When did this flag fly over a slave supporting nation? More importantly, would they know which flags did?
    Things that make you go hmmm!   Scott
Always looking for 32nd Division items and 13th Armored Division items. Please keep me in mind if you have any.

Offline Dr. Davis

• PLANKOWNER
      • Dr. Davis
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 07:05:22 AM »
Here's one for J.S. who started this thread. God bless him.  ;)
http://www.americancivilwarstory.com/john-stith-pemberton.html
"If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."
Mickey Mantle

BannerFans.com